How do I tune-up my computer? I don’t like sluggish computers. Do you like sluggish computers? I don’t think so! Unfortunately, sluggish computers aren’t a thing of the past. Sluggishness is very much real, and just about anyone in the world can experience it.
It is this sluggishness that often forces us to spend thousands of dollars to buy a new computer, only to face the same fate again. That’s the reason why you shouldn’t hurry up in declaring that you need a new computer.
There are ways you can speed up your machine to such an extent that it will feel brand new. However, if you are trying to run resource-intensive programs on a low-end under-powered computer, no amount of tune-up can help you.
However, assuming that you are not trying to do space science on a calculator, here are some of the best tune-up utilities for 2021 in case you are experiencing the problem of a sluggish and slow computer:
#1. Piriform CCleaner
We can call Piriform CCleaner a veteran in this field. This program has been around for a very long time, and it has been featured as top PC tune-up utility many times. The program is a smart one that efficiently cleans up and optimizes Windows operating system.
Yes, it is very much compatible with Windows 10, and even older versions of Windows. What’s interesting is that CCleaner’s paid version does not only offer janitor services for your PC, but also providers real-time protection from online threats.
There is a free version available, but that’s very limited in its cleanup capabilities. I usually do not recommend using a free version.
As of date, the CCleaner has been downloaded 2.5 billion times globally. There’s another surprising fact! Every month, CCleaner collectively removes 35,000,000 GB of junk from computers worldwide.
The program is available in 55 different languages, and it is installed 5,000,000 times every week!
The numbers speak for themselves! Don’t they?
Apart from clearing junk files from your computer, Piriform CCleaner also cleans up web browsers including Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. If your computer is experiencing registry errors, CCleaner can fix that as well!
Here is a quick list of features offered by CCleaner:
- Cleans system and browser junks.
- Fixes app and system errors in real time.
- Removes invalid registry entries.
- Fixes registry errors.
- Automatic management of unwanted startup applications.
- Cleans temporary files.
- Cleans user profile cache.
- Automatically updates device drivers.
Piriform CCleaner is always my top choice, but that’s not the only complete cleanup suite you can lay your hands on. There’s more! Read on!
#2. iObit Advanced SystemCare 14
Yet another super powerful system cleaner or tune-up utility that you can find in 2021 is the iObit Advanced SystemCare 14. This almost flawless tool is available in both free and paid version. You guessed it right genius! The free version has limited features.
The strength of iObit Advanced SystemCare 14 lies in the fact that not only can it clean up the junk on your computer, but it can also help you to increase your internet speed! The program also offers various privacy features that you are going to love.
What else? It even doubles up as a malware and spyware killer! Isn’t that great?
In case you are wondering about the features of iObit Advanced SystemCare 14, here is what you can expect if you purchase this program:
- It speeds up PC start up.
- It scans and quarantines errors.
- It removes unwanted ads from browsers.
- It blocks unsecured web addresses.
- It diagnoses and finds corrupted files.
- It has an anti-hacking mode and offers real-time protection.
#3. Advanced PC Cleanup
One of the most powerful options available for tuning up your PC in 2021 is the Advanced PC Cleanup. Whether you are looking for managing startup programs, uninstalling unwanted applications, removing junk files, or optimizing the registry, Advanced PC Cleanup has you covered.
Just like the previous two options, Advanced PC Cleanup has a free and a pro version. The paid version will give you advanced features like protection from malware and spyware among others.
The program also protects your online activities by safeguarding your OTP codes, IDs and passwords etc. that you use on browsers.
This program works flawless with Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1, and Windows 10. It has versions available for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
The application will remove old download files, cookies, prefetch files, browsing cache, and temporary internet files. You can schedule automatic cleanup or run a manual clean. You can even initiate a deep scan from finding malware, adware, spyware, etc. and removing them from your computer.
Here are some important features you should know about:
- One-click Windows optimization and system issue management.
- Quick scan and deep scan modes available.
- Uninstalls unwanted software programs.
- Provides and identity protector to save your identity from cyber criminals.
- Improves Windows startup time by managing startup programs.
- Provides real-time protection from various online threats like malware.
#4. AVG PC Tune-Up
No list on tune-up utilities can be complete without mentioning AVG TuneUp. AVG is a powerful antivirus program that also offers a tune-up utility known as the AVG PC TuneUp. It has been around for 10 years now, and does an excellent job of PC maintenance.
Yes, you can expect everything from junk removal to unwanted software removal, disk and browser cleaning, and more.
What’s interesting is that AVG always keeps this utility up-to-date with essential security patches released every now and then. It is very much capable of speeding up the boot time, and making your PC run faster.
Here are some essential features of AVG PC TuneUp:
- One license for all home computers.
- Disk and browser cleanup.
- Cleans junk created by over 200 known and popular apps.
- Offers automatic maintenance that can run without human interference.
- Maintains optimization logs.
- Has a very intuitive and user-friendly dashboard.
#5. Iolo System Mechanic
One of the finest in business, the Iolo System Mechanic is perfectly compatible with Windows 10 and older versions of Windows. While it does its primary job of PC cleanup really well, it is also known for maintaining your privacy by cleaning up browsing traces.
Iolo System Mechanic makes some incredible claims when it comes to overall performance boost. It says that it increases the PC startup speed by a whopping 88%, and guess what? My tests do back up their claim.
I can’t comment on their claim of boosting download speed by 39%, because I already have a fast internet connection, and I never noticed a positive change in download speed after performing a cleanup. Maybe you can experience it.
The developers of the program also claim that it can improve graphics speed by up to 8.6%, which I cannot validate, because I don’t usually perform graphic intensive tasks. I did notice a significant speed improvement in the CPU department, but the developers put a tag of 17% improvement.
What I really appreciate about the program is the user interface, which is very clean and user-friendly, and comes with one-click optimization features.
Here is a quick list of some of the core features of Iolo System Mechanic:
- Optimizes internet settings for a faster browsing experience.
- Eliminates browser history safely.
- Can perform automatic optimization to enhance RAM, CPU, and hard drive performance.
- Efficiently finds unwanted startup programs, and eliminates them for increasing the startup speed.
- It can repair more than 30,000 known system problems that keep bugging Windows users every now and then.
#6. Ashampoo WinOptimizer
Did you really think I wouldn’t put this one on the list? That cannot happen, because WinOptimizer from Ashampoo is one of the best tune-up utilities you can get in 2021.
The first thing you will notice about WinOptimizer is the simplicity of the interface design, making it a very user-friendly option to use.
It is a complete tune-up suite that is not only capable of removing system junk and browser residues, but also offers features like file splitter that can split large files into smaller files, registry optimization and cleanup, file encryption and decryption, and much more.
It can perform a comprehensive PC check and let you know what’s wrong with your computer.
Here are some of the core features that WinOptimizer has to offer:
- Offers a file splitter.
- Allow encrypting and decrypting files.
- Protects user privacy and keeps away cyber criminals.
- Optimizes registry.
- Offers detailed information about software and hardware.
- Looks for driver conflicts.
- Optimize running programs.
#7. Symantec Norton Utilities
You must have heard of Norton antivirus, but did you know that Symantec also offers what is called Norton Utilities?
It is a PC tune-up suit that is at par with the options you have learned about earlier in this article. The program works with Windows 10 and the older versions of Windows.
At the first glance, the user interface may look a bit busy and clumsy, but a closer look reveals the deep organization structure that Symantec has achieve with this PC tune-up utility.
The first thing you see is the dashboard where you get the overall information about your PC’s health.
This capable tune-up utility can do a lot of things including disk repair and disk defragmentation, startup program optimization (removes unwanted programs from startup and increases boot speed), system registry cleanup and repair, browser history and cache cleanup, etc.
It also comes with various privacy tools that can help you to keep your privacy safe and protected from cyber criminals.
Here are some of the core features of Symantec Norton Utilities:
- Can run automatic PC cleanup if you set it to do so. Automatic cleanup will happen only when the PC is idle. This ensures that you don’t experience any system lags when you are using your computer.
- Frees up disk space and RAM for speeding up your PC.
- Removes trailing traces of your activities to protect your privacy.
- Fixes registry issues.
- Offers safe delete option for deleting files and folders securely (so that no one can recover it later).
#8. Advanced System Optimizer
Do not confuse Advanced System Optimizer with Advanced PC Cleanup. They are two completely different programs.
The Advanced System Optimizer is a widely trusted application for PC cleanup and optimization, and it is one of the veterans in the market. It has existed since 1999. More than 10 million people use this program to keep their computers in proper health.
The program can perform a lot of things apart from just removing system junk. Trust me, if you are a gamer, you are going to like the Advanced System Optimizer.
Here are the core features of Advanced System Optimizer:
- Defrags and cleans disks.
- Cleans browser history, cache, and cookies.
- It has a robust registry cleaner and optimizer features.
- It also offers a game optimizer, and allows users to enjoy a distraction-free gaming experience with a virtual gaming environment.
- It allows backing up files and documents, too!
- It is compatible with both 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows 10 and earlier Windows versions.
#9. Comodo PC Tune-Up
Chances are high that you might not have heard of this option. Truth be told, though not very popular, Comodo PC TuneUP is one of the finest you can lay your hands on when it comes to maintaining your PC’s health.
It is, just like the others on this list, a powerful tool for cleaning up junk from your computer. It also doubles up as a privacy protector.
Here are some of the core features of Comodo PC TuneUp:
- Finds and fixes registry problems.
- Performs disk defrag.
- Boosts up the boot time by optimizing the startup programs.
- Provides protection against malware and viruses, and other online threats.
- Analyzes Windows event errors and fixes them.
#10. Glary Utilities Pro 5
Not many people know about this tool. Fortunately, however, it exists, and trust me when I say, it can do wonders in tuning up your PC.
As the name suggests, Glary Utilities Pro 5 offers a set of tools that perform different tasks to ensure that your PC’s health is not disturbed.
What’s interesting is that the tool set comes with a quick scan feature that is way faster than any of the tools you have read so far. What more? It is also capable of performing deep scans of directories and subfolders to find problems with your PC!
Whenever a system error occurs, Glary Utilities Pro 5 will analyze it and go through the logs to find out what went wrong, and then fix the issue.
The interface is not very beautiful, but it is totally functional, and just about anyone can use it with ease.
Here are some of the core features of Glary Utilities Pro 5:
- Repairs, defrags, backs up and restores registry.
- Performs disk cleanup and removes junks.
- Frees up system memory.
- Efficiently removes malware programs.
- Erases browser history, shreds files securely, encrypts files.
- Repairs system files, backs up computers, and can perform system restore.
- Can uninstall or update drivers.
- It can split large files, and even comes with a file restoration feature that can restore deleted files.
- It can uninstall programs, and even update them.
It is absolutely necessary that you keep your PC healthy by performing regular PC cleanups. Slow computers are frustrating, and guess what? If you don’t take care of your computer, today or tomorrow you will run into problems like frequent crashes. Such problems can negatively impact your productivity and work.
So, be wise! Keep tuning up your PC from time to time, and ensure that you enjoy your computing experience.
Finally, have you ever used a PC cleanup or PC Tune-Up program before? What do you think about this list?
Do let me know using the comments segment below.