Maintaining inventory control from manufacturer to warehouse to point of sale may be a time-consuming operation. To keep your consumers pleased and maintain healthy profits – this controlled flow of products must operate like clockwork.
Fortunately, a slew of new software designed for inventory management has hit the market, assisting in the supervision and automation of this time-consuming operation.
Inventory management software enables companies to efficiently handle incoming stock, sales, purchase orders, order fulfillment, and inventory levels. As with ERP and CMMS software, it provides a 360-degree picture of your company processes via a single SaaS application.
However, that is not all.
By assisting you in meeting the expectations of your customers, and controlling inventories, the program enables you to make more informed business choices and provides you a competitive advantage.
This article will discuss the best inventory management software to try in 2022, ranking them based on their features, price, simplicity of use, and other factors.
If you are pressed for time and do not want to read the whole article, here is a brief summary of the choices included in this list:
- QuickBooks Inventory Management
- Zoho Inventory
- Finale Inventory
- Fishbowl Inventory
- Dear Systems
- Lightspeed Retail
Now that you have the quick list, feel free to go through the details of each option so that you can make an informed decision.
Let us begin!
#1. QuickBooks Inventory Management.
QuickBooks Inventory Management is a robust and versatile solution that completely interacts with the QuickBooks accounting software. As a consequence, you can manage your inventory while still doing tasks such as invoicing.
Overall, QuickBooks Inventory Management simplifies accounting and improves management of finances via features like sales reporting, tax calculation, invoice management, and expenditure monitoring.
QuickBooks Inventory Management is ideal for medium-sized companies that need sales, assembly, and inventory monitoring.
- Advanced Inventory — This feature allows real-time inventory monitoring and provides a comprehensive picture of inventory management.
- Order Management – Effortlessly handle your orders and boost your business’s development.
- Advanced Pricing — This tool enables you to design, automate, and maintain complete control over your pricing.
- Field Service Management — Provides real-time field updates.
- Accounting – Easily keep track of taxes, invoices, sales, expenditures, and other financial transactions.
- Advanced Reporting — The program automatically generates all necessary reports.
- Simplifies complicated tasks and contributes to time and money savings
- Provides options for both cloud-based and on-premises deployment.
- It avoids the possibility of duplicate data input and guarantees that the data is error-free.
- Produces comprehensive information on your sales and inventories
- Creates the packing and billing list automatically
- Rather than manually entering product information, the program uses a barcode scanning technique, which improves data accuracy
- Enhances order fulfillment by facilitating efficient pick-up, packing, and shipping
- It is useless for companies with numerous locations.
- QuickBooks Inventory Management is not expandable beyond the 30-user limitation.
QuickBooks Inventory Management software is available in three monthly subscription options, beginning at $750 a month and goes up to $1550 every month. Additionally, you get a trial run for 30 days.
#2. Zoho Inventory.
Zoho Inventory is a famous inventory management solution that enables you to manage your inventory effectively across many channels. Additionally, Zoho assists you in tracking each item via capabilities such as accounting and CRM connections, stock management, and various shipping integrations. Additionally, the program is well-suited for small to medium-sized retail companies.
Zoho Inventory is an excellent option for medium-sized companies in need of a scalable, cost-effective inventory management solution.
- Stock Management — It enables the bundling of products and aids in the monitoring of various items’ stock-flow.
- Extensive Connection — It allows seamless integration with the world’s leading ecommerce systems, allowing for simple stock-flow monitoring.
- Order Management — This tool enables you to quickly manage orders, track delivery, and generate purchase and sales orders.
- Shipping Options — This feature enables you to choose the most cost-effective and logistically competent shipping service.
- Vendor and Customer Management — It makes it simple to record customer and vendor information and to communicate with them in a customized manner.
- Customization — Invoices, payment receipts, and orders – all allow adding necessary fields.
- It is most effective for trading companies.
- It enables seamless integration with major channels such as Amazon, eBay, and others.
- Provides timely updates
- It comes in country-specific variants, which makes it more convenient for companies.
- Provides round-the-clock customer service
- Provides one of the most reliable shipping companies for convenient order fulfillment
- Zoho Inventory has an elegant and simple-to-use user interface.
- Zoho’s inventory module simplifies tax management.
- The warehouse option allows monitoring of each item in any warehouse you own.
- It is deficient in the forecasting feature.
- Zoho is only suited for companies that monitor goods using the FIFO (first in, first out) approach.
- Separate integration with accounting systems such as point-of-sale (POS) systems, production management systems, and others is required.
Zoho Inventory is a cost-effective inventory management system. Paid plans begin at $39 every month and go up to $199 each month on a yearly basis.
A 14-day trial is available for free.
SellerCloud is a market leader in inventory management software for online companies or ecommerce businesses. Among its most notable features are shipping management, planned listings, and management of customer feedback.
Additionally, it has significant third-party integrations with a variety of shopping carts, payment gateways, and ecommerce applications. For example, it is most recognized for its capacity to link to various channels such as Amazon and eBay in order to do business more effectively.
SellerCloud is best suited for online merchants or companies that do business across several channels.
- Creates Catalog — This inventory management software creates a catalog for all of your goods and inventory items, allowing you to easily locate the product specs for all of your items in one location.
- Inventory Management – It enables the management of inventory across all potential sales channels. Additionally, you may monitor your order from the moment it is placed until it is sent.
- Order Management – It can take charge of and manage every incoming order and related functions. Additionally, it generates an alarm for low stock levels.
- Create Reports — SellerCloud enables the creation of detailed business reports that enable you to monitor the success of your company goods across various channels.
- Provides a centralized point of access for all multi-channel listings
- Maintains current inventory levels and sends warnings in the event of low stock
- It offers an incredible customer care team that is available to answer customers’ concerns and inquiries
- Provides a variety of third-party plugins to accommodate all of your business requirements
- The user interface is uncomplicated and simple to comprehend.
- SellerCloud’s graphical user interface may need an upgrade.
The price structure begins at $1000 every month. However, if you need more services for your company management requirements, the price may rise.
#4. Finale Inventory.
Finale Inventory is ideal for professionals that need to manage invoicing, orders, shipping, and other inventory-related activities. It has an outstanding simplicity of use and a simple user interface.
While Finale Inventory is not as well-known as QuickBooks or Zoho, it is a rapidly expanding program that enables company owners to monitor inventory levels across several channels. Additionally, it offers comprehensive analytical reporting.
Finale Inventory is ideal for companies that are expanding and need B2B or B2C management.
- Centralized inventory – get a quick, up-to-date count of your inventory in one place for easy control over your stock in multiple warehouses.
- Multichannel Integrations – Finale Inventory has over 40 marketplace integrations (and counting!) which automatically sync to give you the most recent data.
- Wireless Barcode Scanning – Designed to increase warehouse productivity with advanced batch picking methods.
- Order Management – helps manage your products from purchase to sale, preventing stock-outs with Finale’s dynamic reordering, and helps you understand your gross margins.
- Inventory Accounting – provides an accurate reporting of figures for financial reports, taxes, and regulatory compliance
- Finale Inventory is very simple to use and offers great customer assistance for resolving client issues and inquiries.
- The user interface is simple and straightforward to use.
- Integrates with a variety of third-party services, including Amazon, BigCommerce, and others.
- It will notify you when your stock is low, ensuring that you will never be out of stock.
- Integrates with applications such as Shopify, Square, and ShipStation to streamline transaction processing.
- Not as compatible with iOS systems.
Pricing begins at just $75 per month and ranges to $799 per month. For Platinum+ plans, the price may rise depending on your needs. They also offer a free 14-day trial.
#5. Fishbowl Inventory.
Fishbowl Inventory is an additional excellent solution for inventory and warehouse management. It controls not just the tracking of inventory but also the accounting systems and FIFO tools.
While Fishbowl Inventory is not as well-known as Quickbooks or Zoho, it is making a strong impact in the inventory management tool industry.
Overall, it’s a cost-effective inventory management solution that may assist you in streamlining all of your activities, including distribution, selling, manufacturing, and service.
Fishbowl Goods is ideal for monitoring dropshipping orders and bar-coding inventory. Additionally, it is suitable if you want to connect it with Quickbooks to streamline bookkeeping and shipping.
- Multiple Locations – You may utilize all of its services at any of your business’s locations without difficulty.
- Asset Tracking – It monitors and tracks all of the assets in your inventory on a daily basis.
- Service Management – Fishbowl provides superior service management strategies that increase company profitability.
- Vendor Management — In addition to preserving information and managing suppliers, Fishbowl assists businesses in achieving better business results.
- Fishbowl facilitates wholesale and distribution, as well as the computation of landing costs.
- Eliminates the difficulties connected with inventory monitoring via the use of Excel
- Inventory management in real time and a simple user interface provide exceptional simplicity of use.
- Additionally, it saves time by automating production.
- Fishbowl automates all of your activities, including selling, shipping, and distribution.
- Custom reports are generated to provide insight into your company.
- Provides no accounting software
- Modifying reports is very difficult
- Plugins are costly
Fishbowl Inventory is priced starting at $4,395 and escalates in price according on the kind of user license purchased.
nChannel is a cloud-based inventory management system that enables you to seamlessly connect your sales and fulfillment channels. It assists you in avoiding overselling by immediately adjusting your inventory to provide a better client experience.
While inventory management is a primary function of nChannel, it may also be used for the following:
- Integrate all of your retail platforms
- Integrate third-party logistics providers and dropshippers
- Management of supply chains
- Management of the customer experience
- Reduce the time required for data processing
nChannel is well-suited for major organizations and large-scale firms with numerous touchpoints and locations, since it connects front-end sales channels with back-end systems like NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, and others.
- Product Information Management – It maintains product information and saves it in a separate area for easy access.
- Multi-Channel Listing — To increase business sales, you may sell company goods on various channels.
- Drop Shipping Management – The nChannel inventory management system also enables dropshipping without jeopardizing financial control.
- Order Management — In addition to order management, the nChannel Inventory system manages catalogs, product data, and more.
- It has a simple user interface that makes navigation simpler. It allows connection with numerous channels from different places.
- Reduces data processing time by obviating the need for manual input Assists you in automating all of your online B2B operations
- The nChannel provides exceptional customer assistance to address any client inquiries.
- It is constantly improved and upgraded.
- It’s rather difficult for a beginner to use nChannel.
- Does not provide a price schedule on its official website.
To get a personalized quotation, you must complete a form with your business’s details.
Unlike the other inventory management systems on our list, Katana is geared at small manufacturers and company owners, assisting them with production scheduling and planning.
If you need capabilities such as raw material monitoring, an automated book engine, and priority-based production planning, Katana is an excellent choice.
Additionally, it consolidates all business-related data such as warehouse status, sales status, and low stock warnings.
Katana is best suited to manufacturing companies of a small to medium scale.
- Increased Productivity – It improves job efficiency and results in increased sales, which results in increased productivity. Additionally, with effective management efforts, you may concentrate more on attracting a more focused audience.
- Instant Inventory Control — Katana provides real-time inventory control, allowing you to keep track of both in-stock and out-of-stock items. Stock information enables you to replenish your inventory with fresh items.
- Order Management- Katana, like other systems for inventory management, handles the order cycle to assist you throughout the sales process. Additionally, it enables you to monitor the order’s transit till delivery.
- Provides comprehensive customer assistance in order to resolve consumer issues
- It has a free trial period that allows customers to evaluate the services before subscribing.
- Katana enables ad hoc production planning.
- It integrates with a variety of third-party applications.
- Provides a user interface that is both contemporary and intuitive
- Allows you to effortlessly handle numerous locations’ orders, inventories, raw materials, among others.
- Includes a per-user price structure
- There is no functionality that allows for the usage of different currencies or languages.
- Has a high price tag
The Katana Inventory solution is priced starting at $99 per month and increases based on the business’s needs. Additionally, they provide a 14-day free trial.
ChannelAdvisor is another well-known inventory management solution that we’ve included on our list. It not only serves as a software program for inventory management, but also as a virtual assistant for your business’s digital marketing efforts.
ChannelAdvisor is a one-stop shop for all your ecommerce requirements, from simplifying sales across 100+ platforms to monitoring the buyer’s journey.
ChannelAdvisor inventory management is well recognized for its ability to promote your products and attract new consumers to your company. It’s ideal for companies seeking an inventory management system that doubles as a digital marketing helper.
- Syncing with various channels – ChannelAdvisor functions as a digital marketing tool, assisting you in disseminating your goods and information across platforms such as Bing, Google, Facebook, and Yahoo.
- Paid Marketing – ChannelAdvisor offers paid search marketing services to assist your company in growing and increasing conversion rates.
- Analytics & Reporting — ChannelAdvisor generates detailed analytical reports to help you get a better understanding of your company and keep a closer eye on your inventory.
- ChannelAdvisor’s digital marketing capabilities enable it to boost company sales through various channels, resulting in increased profit.
- It excels in organizing and selling your goods.
- Provides summary information on the performance of the product.
- Assists you in creating product presentations for improved management.
- It’s an all-in-one solution for ecommerce, marketing, and inventory management.
- Forecasts inventories accurately and assists with post-sales monitoring.
- You may consult an expert through the application services.
- Does not keep an eye on price changes in real time.
- The software’s performance should be improved somewhat.
To get a ChannelAdvisor price estimate, you must first create your package or solution. Prices vary according to your business’s demands and specifications.
TradeGecko is another well-known inventory management software that enables you to manage both your retail and wholesale online businesses.
It achieves automation of inventory management systems, allowing you to monitor and manage all of the goods you sell across different warehouses.
Additionally, it controls inventory and supply chain activities, as well as other warehouse and company operations.
TradeGecko offers a price plan to suit any kind of business, whether small or big.
- Business Intelligence – TradeGecko makes periodic suggestions to assist you in increasing your business’s sales and market income.
- Inventory Reports – It produces inventory reports to maintain track of stock information and to notify users when stock levels are low.
- Online Payments – TradeGecko processes online payments through certified gateways to guarantee the transaction is safe and secure.
- Order Management – It is in charge of all incoming orders and the related services.
- Provides a centralized location for handling inventory, orders, and warehouses.
- It connects with a variety of platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, and Xero.
- Allows for full automation of certain services without the possibility of human mistake, resulting in increased company development.
- Provides many unique features, including barcoding, cost monitoring, traceability, and even an app for product catalog.
- TradeGecko provides analytics assistance and produces comprehensive analytical reports.
- Provides a user-friendly interface.
- It provides an outstanding customer support service that promptly responds to any client inquiries.
- Due to the absence of point-of-sale support, this is not the ideal inventory management solution for brick-and-mortar shops.
- Does not allow for dropshipping.
TradeGecko’s price options begin at $39 per month and go all the way up to $599 per month, based on the business’s needs. Additionally, you get a 14-day free trial period during which you will have access to all of the premium TradeGecko features.
#10. Dear Systems.
Dear Systems is another well-known brand associated with a variety of company inventory management solutions. It is well-suited to a variety of sectors, including ecommerce, food production, wholesale, and distribution.
Additionally, it automates all time-consuming tasks such as removing human data input in accounting, as well as monitoring warehouse efficiency.
Dear Systems is ideal for assisting ecommerce start-ups in increasing their production pace.
- Stock Adjustment – Dear Systems manages stock adjustment and notifies you when a product is running short on stock.
- Product reports — It generates detailed data on sold-out or expired items to help businesses maintain track of their inventory investments.
- Multiple Channel Integration — It integrates with a variety of third-party applications to enable you to run your company from any location, at any time.
- Real-time analysis — Instantly analyzes and responds to stock-related inquiries.
- Package Tracking – It not only handles the order, but also tracks the shipment till it reaches the customer’s doorstep.
- Completely automates the internet ordering process, from pick to pack to ship.
- It is a cloud-based management platform.
- It offers an adjustable user interface and a plethora of functions.
- Automates your team’s work by giving notifications.
- By predicting realistic prices and supplier histories, it enables you to make more informed buying choices.
- A few of the functions are a little difficult to comprehend.
- Comes at a steep price.
- Analytical reports may be improved.
Dear Systems’ premium package is $199 per month. However, the price will increase in accordance with the customers’ specifications. Additionally, the yearly membership includes a one-month free trial.
4PSite is a cloud-based inventory management solution for many channels. It offers a single dashboard for managing all inventory management tasks, and it is completely web-based. Additionally, it connects with a number of well-known web platforms, like Shopify, Volusion, and others.
4PSite is best suited for small company owners looking for an affordable way to manage their inventory.
- Inventory Management – It provides comprehensive inventory management to alleviate your business’s stress. It manages stock notifications, invoicing, and shipping tracking, as well as third-party integrations to assist your company in growing.
- Order Tracking – 4PSite also assists in monitoring the order in order to determine the shipment’s current position. Order tracking is critical for dealing with consumer complaints regarding its arrival. Additionally, it enables you to share precise tracking data with your consumers.
- Order Management – It is in charge of all incoming orders and the related procedures. During high order inflows of peak seasons, 4PSite is capable of handling the load without experiencing any delays or problems.
- The UI is clean and simple to use.
- Orders are quickly and efficiently ticketed.
- Assists you in managing sales across more than 40 carts and channels.
- Allows you to quickly manage all of your orders.
- Provides an integrated CRM to assist you in communicating with customers, tracking customer information, and so forth.
- Provides detailed data on customers, inventory status, order fulfillment, and more.
- The software’s initial configuration is a little cumbersome.
4PSite starts at $300 per month and increases in price as your needs grow.
Ordoro is a time-saving software designed for inventory management. It enables small companies to operate a seamless sales process. It facilitates dropshipping and manages all related processes. Additionally, Ordoro offers unique features such as kitting capabilities, batch-printing shipping labels, and barcode scanning.
Ordoro is especially beneficial for dropshipping companies since it enables you to perform route optimization. It also allows you to drop ship requests to your suppliers automatically or manually.
- Multi-user — Ordoro is a renowned inventory management application that supports multiple users.
- Additionally, it enables companies to operate from many locations using a single inventory management platform.
- Dropshipping — It includes dropshipping-specific functionality, such as automatically redirecting dropship requests to your suppliers and enabling bespoke API integration.
- Order Management – This program keeps track of all incoming orders and even syncs and records all inventory changes.
- Order Tracking – Assists you in tracking and obtaining precise location information for your goods.
- Goods Alerts – It notifies you when there is a shortage of stock and also assists you in preventing warehouse overstocking.
- Provides exceptional client service.
- The UI is simple and straightforward.
- Provides extensive delivery choices, multi-warehouse tracking, and competitive shipping costs, among other features.
- Provides integrations with third-party websites such as Etsy, Shopify, and Amazon.
- Provides a free trial to allow you to evaluate the product prior to making a purchase.
- The program has a few minor bugs.
Paid plans begin at $59 per month. Additionally, you get a 15-day free trial with no credit card needed.
Veeqo is an excellent inventory management system for small companies that helps them stay on top of their shipping, inventory management, and order procedures. It connects with a maximum of 16 channels and handles numerous warehouses, as well as monitors wholesale orders.
If you’re a growing business in need of assistance with inventory management, order fulfillment, and shipping, Veeqo is the solution for you.
- Order Management – Veeqo has an order management tool that allows you to keep track of both inbound and outbound orders.
- Fast Notifications — It offers near-instant notice of inventory stock levels and other data.
- Product Comparison – Veeqo offers a single page that contains information on product comparisons for improved company management.
- Veeqo’s multi–location functionality enables customers to monitor inventories and manage services across various locations of their companies without incurring extra fees or difficulty.
- Accounting integration – In the long term, it will benefit your company by increasing productivity and revenue.
- Integrates with a variety of internet platforms, including eBay, Shopify, and Amazon.
- Assists you in syncing your online marketplace with your desktop Quickbooks.
- Supports numerous warehouses and generates comprehensive analytical data on your inventory.
- The user interface is simple to use.
- Provides superior help desk assistance.
- Offers a 14-day free trial period.
- Paid plans are rather pricey.
Paid plans begin at $156 per month and go all the way up to $260 per month. Additionally, there is one bespoke price plan for customers with unique needs.
#14. Lightspeed Retail.
This point-of-sale (POS) and inventory management software is designed specifically for small retail businesses, with stock monitoring features, many integrations, and strong e-commerce abilities.
Lightspeed Retail is a web-based system for inventory management that is tailored to the requirements of e-commerce and brick-and-mortar businesses. Its industry-specific features and in-store sales capabilities place it in our list of the best for retail shops.
Lightspeed Retail is a cloud-based solution that includes an iPad app for rapidly checking out clients on your sales floor. It supports both average cost and first-in-first-out (FIFO) techniques.
Although Lightspeed Retail’s primary offering is POS, it also offers outstanding retail inventory management capabilities. Additionally, it connects with the SkuVault warehouse management system, to provide enhanced functionality.
Lightspeed Retail integrates with a variety of apps, including Google’s Pointy, Kimoby, Retail Toolkit, and RetailNext.
Lightspeed Retail is best suited for retail stores.
- Change pricing in bulk and automate discounting.
- Inventory levels and SKUs may be tracked across different locations.
- Coupons, freebies, promotions, and employee discounts are all possible.
- Syncs inventory between your e-commerce and brick-and-mortar locations.
- Establish rules for consumer reorders.
- Calculates cost of goods sold.
- Compatibility with bundled goods.
- Import vendor catalog files.
- Purchase orders may be created and sent.
- No credit card needed for a 14-day free trial.
- Integrates with 29 different categories of apps.
- The basic package excludes e-commerce capabilities.
- Unavailable on Android devices.
- May have features that are superfluous for small businesses.
- Lean: Monthly fee of $69 for basic retail operations and point-of-sale operations.
- Standard: Add accounting and e-commerce features for $119 per month.
- Advanced: Monthly subscription fee of $199 to include Lightspeed’s analytics and rewards program.
- Enterprise: Provides all of the Advanced plan’s benefits, plus additional extras such as individual consulting and preferential Lightspeed Payment rates. Prices are negotiable and available only on request.
This user-friendly platform has a centralized inventory database and business-to-business showrooms where customers can see and purchase your goods.
With inFlow, manufacturers, B2B distributors, online merchants, and retailers receive simple yet powerful software. It is the ideal option for B2B businesses because of its comprehensive reporting features and shoppable B2B showrooms.
The inFlow software is available as a web-based service (inFlow Cloud) or as a desktop application (inFlow Premise) and includes an easy app for iOS and Android devices. It supports the following methods: FIFO, moving average, and LIFO last in, first out.
Your inFlow software may be integrated with a variety of technologies, including Amazon, QuickBooks, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Squarespace.
inFlow is best suited for companies operating in the B2B sphere.
- Reports on business intelligence: 14 on sales, seven on buying, and fourteen on inventory.
- Create showrooms for regular business-to-business customers or password-protected showrooms for specific clientele.
- Payments to vendors, transaction history, and purchase orders.
- Processing of work orders, bundling, kitting, and assembly.
- Capability of backordering.
- Barcodes may be scanned and generated.
- Creation of a B2B showroom and gateway.
- Invoices and receipts are sent through email.
- Contact details and a history of orders.
- No credit card needed for a 14-day free trial.
- Two to six hours of setup assistance.
- There are over 30 reports.
- Telephone assistance is limited.
- Only the most expensive subscription option offers an infinite number of integrations.
- Certain functions are accessible exclusively through a Windows download.
- Light: Monthly subscription fee of $79 includes two users, 100 orders, one location, two integrations, and two hours of setup assistance.
- Standard: Monthly fee of $199 includes five users, an unlimited number of sites, up to 1,000 orders, a maximum of three integrations, and four hours of help with setup.
- Plus: Monthly fee of $499 includes up to ten users, unlimited locations, a maximum of 10,000 orders, and limitless integrations, as well as six hours of help with setup.
Orderhive is an inexpensive solution with extensive features and many connections that can quickly become your all-in-one inventory, order, and fulfillment partner.
Orderhive offers programs to suit the requirements of businesses of all sizes, from big corporations to start-ups. Orderhive distinguishes itself by providing limitless stock-keeping units (SKUs) and hundreds of connectors as part of its feature-rich plans, making it the undisputed winner of the finest overall inventory management software.
Orderhive is compatible with all major browsers as a web-based software application, although the firm recommends Chrome and Firefox for a smoother experience. It adheres to the first in, first out (FIFO) principle and employs the Kanban technique for reordering or restocking inventory.
Orderhive integrates with hundreds of major applications, including Amazon, Etsy, FedEx, WooCommerce, QuickBooks, and more.
It is suited for companies of all sizes including large enterprises to startup firms.
- Component packaging, bundling, and composite support
- Purchase order (PO) generation that is automated
- Add, amend, or remove goods in bulk
- Connect or disconnect items with distinct SKUs or names
- Transfer stock easily between warehouses
- Allows for barcode scanning
- Numerous possibilities for reporting, including COGS or cost of goods sold
- Serial, batch, lot, and expiration dates management
- Alerts for low stock and out-of-stock conditions
- Dropshipping with no or little inventory
- Over ten tools for automating e-commerce
- Shopify users get this service for free.
- No credit card required for a 15-day free trial.
- Inventory changes in real time across several channels
- Integrates with hundreds of third-party applications
- SKU generator is absent
- $99 setup fee is required
- Free: Free for Shopify users for basic shipping, orders, and inventory management features
- Lite: $49.99 a month for up to 200 orders and just one user; additional orders cost $0.30 each.
- Starter: Monthly fee of $149.99 includes 1,200 orders and maximum of 3 users, with additional orders costing $0.15 each.
- Growth: $299.99 a month for up to 3,000 orders and maximum of five users; orders beyond the limit are charged at a rate of $0.12 per order.
- Enterprise: You may contact the business for a quotation on bespoke pricing and unlimited users.
Megaventory enables you to easily manage your material-based inventory and receive production updates. Megaventory is a system designed for operations management that enables you to monitor and control the assembly process or bundling, as well as inventory management, ordering, and fulfillment. It is a simple system to deploy, which makes it ideal for small to medium-sized manufacturing businesses.
Megaventory works effectively as a cloud-based service on all major browsers running all major operating systems including Windows, Mac, or Linux with an internet connection, and the free plan allows five users, but more users may be added. It utilizes the FIFO technique.
QuickBooks, Shopify, Zapier, Magento, and WooCommerce are all integrated with this program. Additionally, Megaventory provides an easy-to-use API that enables your team to connect to industry-specific initiatives.
Megaventory is best suited for companies involved in manufacturing.
- Produces bill of materials, packing slips, and work orders.
- Permits for the assignment of user access permissions.
- Maintains contact information for customers and vendors.
- Dates of expiration and batch numbers are supported.
- Options for bulk and rapid update.
- Automatically get stock notifications for materials.
- Scan and print barcodes.
- Numerous data are available, including inventory value and gross profit.
- Responsibilities include dropshipping, consignment sales, and acquisitions.
- 15-day no-obligation trial.
- Handles a maximum of 20 locations.
- Simple to use.
- There is no mobile application.
- There is no customer service via phone.
- There are no training videos or webinars available.
Megaventory offers a single plan for $135 per month on an annual basis or $150 per month on a monthly basis. Additional users are charged $50 each month each user, with an additional $50 per month for every 25,000 transactions. If you are unable to use the Pro plan, the business will design a bespoke plan for you. The following are the plan’s limitations:
- 20,000 customers
- 20,000 in merchandise
- A total of twenty places
- Five integrations
- Maximum of five users
- Transactions totaling $50,000
- Two hours of instruction
Upserve’s automated systems keep track of your ingredients and prices, and clients report a 30% boost in income and a 10% decrease in order time to table.
Upserve is a complete restaurant management solution that includes a robust point-of-sale system and inventory management features. Upserve has the ability to monitor ingredient use down to the ounce and comes with other great features.
The software is cloud-based and mobile-friendly, with an iOS and Android mobile app that enables you to manage and supervise your business from anywhere. Additionally, Upserve offers an offline mode, and you may select from a variety of hardware options.
Upserve’s menu optimization and staff management solutions are integrated. Upserve interfaces with over 40 applications, including reservation management, bar monitoring, and online purchasing.
Upserve is best suited for restaurants.
- Sync your recipes with your point-of-sale system
- Automatically refill amounts when fresh stock arrives
- Inventory purchases may be made with a single click.
- Vendor and supply management
- Inventory scanning using mobile application
- Contrast the actual and anticipated stock reports.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of ingredients.
- Receive notifications when products are running low on stock.
- Scan barcodes inside the application
- Costing of Recipes
- Deductions from ingredient inventories in real time
- Offline mode may be unreliable.
- Core: Monthly cost of $59 per site, plus a $60 terminal fee for POS, reputation management, and marketing features.
- Pro: $199 per month per location, plus a $50 terminal charge for inventory management tools and a loyalty program.
- Pro Plus: $359 per month per location, in addition to a $40 terminal charge for enhanced account administration and API access.
Okay, now that you have learned about the top picks, let me answer two questions real quick before concluding the article.
What is an Inventory Management Software?
Inventory management software is a kind of online application that assists companies in managing and tracking inventory from the producer through the warehouse to the point of sale. Additionally, they assist with other operations like accounting, invoicing, creating reports, fulfillment, and tracking shipments.
Additionally, these inventory management systems keep an eye on pricing fluctuations. For example, if you buy a product for $100 and the price increases to $200 after a month, your inventory becomes more valuable. Then there are instances when items in your inventory are misplaced or stolen. That is why inventory management software is necessary to keep track of all of these items.
Additionally, inventory management systems provide real-time stock monitoring to guarantee that no critical product goes out of stock.
What To Look for in an Inventory System?
1. Easy to Use.
Inventory management software is just as effective as the user understands it. Look for a tool that is simple to browse and use. It should have all of the functionality necessary to manage your inventory and be scaled appropriately for your business’s size and staff count.
The majority of the products on this list provide useful resources such as customer assistance and knowledge bases. As tools get more sophisticated, automation assists in making them simpler to use.
2. Accessible in Multiple Locations.
If you operate several warehouses or want to grow in the future, you may wish to utilize an inventory management solution that supports multiple sites simultaneously. Customer support is also critical to consider before investing in an inventory management application.
3. Reports & Analytics.
Data is a critical component of your retail inventory. It provides detailed information on your inventory and all of the goods in your warehouse.
That is why it is critical to choose a tool capable of collecting data and presenting it in simple analytical reports. Additionally, it’s a good idea to search for a program that can automate data input chores.
4. Third-Party Integrations.
Most likely, you’re using several pieces of software to operate your company. That is why it is critical to choose software that integrates with a variety of different applications, including inventory data, asset management apps, and accounting systems. If not now, your company may need all of these technologies in the near future to improve warehouse efficiency.
Your software solution should be capable of communicating with and comprehending the following:
- Compatibility with mobile devices
- Controls at the inventory level
- Orders of work and material bills
- Reorder points
- Reorders and stockouts are completely customizable.
- Scanners barcodes
- Serial numbers and SKUs
5. Customer Service & Training.
No matter how incredible the inventory software application is, if you are unable to use it correctly, it is of little value. That is why it is critical to pick a product that has excellent customer support to assist you in operating it and using all of its capabilities.
To summarize, this list included some of the most effective inventory management systems for tracking your goods from manufacturer to warehouse to retail outlet. The evaluations included the essential information regarding their major features, advantages, disadvantages, and price.
Whether you operate a brick-and-mortar store or a thriving ecommerce company, you don’t want to wait another day to properly manage your inventory and monitor each item. After all, it is your product; you should have complete control over it.
However, the ideal inventory management instrument is a subjective matter. It is completely dependent on your business’s requirements, budget, number of team members, product kinds, and number of locations.
If you’re a small company owner, I suggest Katana or Dear Systems.
If, on the other hand, you run a mid-sized or large-scale company, you may want to choose more popular alternatives like QuickBooks Inventory Management or Zoho Inventory.
Conduct extensive research and comparisons prior to making your ultimate buy.
Choosing the appropriate inventory management software may help you accelerate your business’s development. Choosing the incorrect one will halt its development. That is certainly not what you want to happen. We strongly advise you to choose one of the top five choices on this list. However, the top five are not required to meet your requirements. As a result, have a look at the other choices as well!
There is no way to predict which inventory management software will be the most effective for you. It is entirely dependent on your business’s requirements and goals. If you’re a small company or a startup, Katana or Dear Systems may make a lot more sense.
Whatever you choose, the product should meet the aforementioned minimum requirements. If a piece of software fails to deliver on the fundamentals, you’d be wise to avoid it.